The Foresight Centre
Welcome to the IAMMM Scientific Conference in Padua, Italy.
On invitation the IAMMM organizes in cooperation with the Liverpool University, Department of Sciences, the yearly 2-day Scientific Conference.
Since the foundation in 2006 previous Conferences were organized in cooperation with many institutes/universities such as: The German Society of Manual Medicine (Leipzig, 2006), the Czech Society of Manual Medicine (Prague 2008), The Dutch Manual Medicine Society (Amsterdam 2010), Slovak Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine, branch of SLS, together with the Czech Medical Association of J.E. Purkyně Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine (Bratislava 2012), the FEMMO & the Marsman Foundation (Bordeaux 2013), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Manuelle Medizin (DGMM) (Berlin 2014), the department of Anatomy and Manual Therapy of the Vrije Universiteit of Brussels (Brussels 2015) and in 2016 with the department of Anatomy Faculty of Medicine, University of Padua (Padua 2016). In 2017 the IAMMM Conference was held in cooperation with the J.J. Strossmayer Faculty of Medicine (Osijek) in Rovinj, Croatia en 2018 in Switzerland in the Zurich University of Applied Sciences of Winterthur.
The 2-day Scientific Conference will be held on November 8 & 9, 2019.
The meeting provides for an international discussion platform for educationalists and scientists in the field of musculoskeletal medicine and its related disciplines.
The Annual General Meeting of the Academy will take place on November 8
(for Academy members only).
Open policy of Conference participation
The IAMMM Science Conference is open to all colleagues in M/M Medicine and non-medical related disciplines. Conference participants, who are no Academy member, automatically become Associate member till the end of the year (2019).
Venue and Accommodation
Please check the hotels in the neighborhood of the University.
There is a bus- and taxi connection with the John Lennon Airport (5km).
Flight companies visiting Liverpool & Manchester
On November 8 & 9 2019 from 08.00-17.00 the Conference will take place in "The Foresight Centre", 1 Brownlow St, Liverpool L69 3GL (see map).
- On November 7 you are invited to the Welcome party from 18:30 till 19:30 (Please gather in 40 Hope street in front of the Hope Street Hotel between 1815 and 1830 to walk to the bar for the Welcome drink).
- The Academy Dinner will be organized on November 8 from 20:00 till 22:30.
- Keith Haring exhibition till 10 November 2019 see Tate Liverpool
- SOL CALERO: EL AUTOBÚS 2019 see Tate LiverpoolTate Liverpool
- Constelletions from Andy Warhol to Max Ernst and others see Tate Liverpool
- The daily MERSEY boat sightseeing experience 50min. Liverpool
Scientific Conference Committee
- Prof. Jacob Patijn, MD, PhD, University Maastricht, Netherlands (Science Director IAMMM)
- Prof. Olavi Airaksinen, MD, PhD, University East Finland, Finland (Chairman IAMMM)
- Prof. Nefyn Williams MD PhD, Department of Health Services Research in the University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Professor Berit Schiottz-Christensen, MD, PhD, Medical Research Department, Spine Centre of Southern Denmark, Hospital Lillebaelt, University hospital of Southern Denmark.
Logistics Conference Committee