Welcome to the IAMMM Scientific Conference in Winterthur/Zurich, Switzerland.
On invitation the IAMMM organizes in cooperation with the Zurich University of Applied Sciences, the yearly 2-day Scientific Conference.
Since the foundation in 2006 previous Conferences were organized in cooperation with many institutes/universities such as: The German Society of Manual Medicine (Leipzig, 2006), the Czech Society of Manual Medicine (Prague 2008), The Dutch Manual Medicine Society (Amsterdam 2010), Slovak Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine, branch of SLS, together with the Czech Medical Association of J.E. Purkyně Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine (Bratislava 2012), the FEMMO & the Marsman Foundation (Bordeaux 2013), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Manuelle Medizin (DGMM) (Berlin 2014), the department of Anatomy and Manual Therapy of the Vrije Universiteit of Brussels (Brussels 2015) and in 2016 with the department of Anatomy Faculty of Medicine, University of Padua (Padua 2016). In 2017 the IAMMM Conference was held in cooperation with the J.J. Strossmayer Faculty of Medicine (Osijek) in Rovinj, Croatia.
The 2-day Scientific Conference will be held on September 7 & 8, 2018.
The meeting provides for an international discussion platform for educationalists and scientists in the field of musculoskeletal medicine and its related disciplines.
The Annual General Meeting of the Academy will take place (for Academy members only) on September 7.
Open policy of Conference participation
The IAMMM Science Conference is open to all colleagues in M/M Medicine and non-medical related disciplines. Conference participants, who are no Academy member, automatically become Associate member till the end of the year (2018).
Venue and Accommodation
Hotel Krone: very nice hotel very near to congress venue (300 m), but quite small.: https://sorellhotels.com/en/krone/winterthur
Park hotel is the best hotel in Town, also very near (less than 1 km to walk to congress venue) https://phwin.ch/en
A big hotel is also Banane city, also walking distance from the congress venue. https://www.bananacity.ch/hotel/zimmer-und-suiten/?lang=en
Flight companies visiting Zurich. Most practical is to take the regular train to Winterthur Hauptbahnhof from the Airport of Zurich (Kloten).
On September 7 & 8 2018 from 08.00-17.00 the Conference will take place in the Technikumstrasse 71 8400 Winterthur.
- On September 6 you are invited to the Welcome party from 18:30 till 19:30 (Please gather in the Technikumstrasse in front of the University between 1815 and 1830 to walk to the bar for the Welcome drink).
- The Academy Dinner will be organized on September 7 from 20:00 till 22:30.
Scientific Conference Committee
- Prof. Jacob Patijn, MD, PhD, University Maastricht, Netherlands (Science Director IAMMM)
- Prof. Olavi Airaksinen, MD, PhD, University East Finland, Finland (Chairman IAMMM)
- Prof. Omega Erika Huber PhD, Zurich University for Applied Sciences, Winterthur, Switzerland
- Prof. Hannu Luomajoki PhD, Zurich University for Applied Sciences, Winterthur, Switzerland
- Prof. Schiottz- Christensen Berit MD PhD, Aarhus University, Department of Rheumatology, Aarhus, Denmark
Logistics Conference Committee
Program with 13 nationalities.